Pages

Monday 12 November 2012

….In Remembrance


My 99th Blog.  My plan was to write one hundred, the last informing you of my results and celebrating with fizz.

Instead, on the morning, a week ago, that I was notified that I had passed my final coursework with merit, I received the devastating news that my beloved sister was desperately ill as the cancer she had been fighting for the last year took its final hold.


My beautiful little sister Beccy died on Remembrance Sunday at 0445 surrounded by lilies and orchids, slipping away peacefully, no longer in pain.

My mother, aged just 19, lost her beloved brother Jack when his plane was shot down in WW2.  Our family has always kept his memory alive, but especially on this day.   

Until now, I could only imagine the pain experienced by sisters and brothers left behind.

Now I feel it…



Sources: 

No comments:

Post a Comment